Our Chicago real estate team loves the summer in the city more than almost anything - and we know all the best reasons why living in downtown Chicago is perhaps the most amazing during the warmest months.
Pritzker Pavilion views in the summer.
1. Festivals in general! There is an incredible number of festivals celebrating everything from the city's various cultures to different foods to music - or any combination of the above. Getting out and enjoying them all is perhaps the best party of any summer weekend in the city.
2. Speaking of festivals, perhaps the most remarkable is the fact that Chicago is home to Lollapalooza in particular. Headlined by Outkast, Eninem, and the Kings of Leon and featuring dozens of other acts both at the festival itself and playing in other venues around the city, this is bound to be a musical weekend to remember.
3. Taking our dogs out for a stroll in Lakeshore East Park, Millennium Park, or any of Chicago's other beautiful outdoor spaces.
4. Bike rides, running, or walking along the Lake. There's nothing more beautiful than Lake Michigan in the summer sun, and living in downtown Chicago means you have easy access to the paths and trails along Lakeshore Drive.
5. Chicago White Sox and Chicago Cubs games - no matter how well either team is performing, it is always fun to spend a day at the ballpark. And hey, if you are a Cubs fan, there's always next year!
6. Farmer's markets in various neighborhoods throughout the city. There's nothing better than fresh, locally grown fruits, veggies, and more available right outside your front door.
7. It's the perfect time for swimming outside if your condo or apartment building has a pool (and the only time you can swim outside in Chicago, unless you do the annual Polar Bear Plunge).
8. Visiting the surrounding lakes, national and state parks, and everything else that's fun to do in the outdoors in and around Chicago is another wonderful and memorable way to spend a summer weekend.
9. Lake Michigan beaches - from Oak Street Beach, Ohio Street Beach, Montrose Beach, and all of the rest. Need we say more?
10. Perhaps the most important and enjoyable aspect of Chicago summers is simply eating a meal outside on a restaurant patio - or grilling on your own balcony!
With all the festivals, concerts, and games along with the wonderful weather, there's really nothing like summer in Chicago. What are you looking forward to most this year?