While it looks like we have a least a few more weeks of chilly weather, our Chicago real estate team prefers to look forward to spring and summer instead of cringing at the thought of yet another polar vortex.
So without further adieu, here are our top ten reasons the Windy City is wonderful in the spring:
10. The festival season kicks off in a big way. An added bonus? Many of them happen right next door at Grant Park and Millennium Park.
9. Cooking and dining al fresco - restaurant patios start to open up, as well as the barbeque grills on the decks at the various buildings in Lakeshore East.
8. Running, walking, and biking along the Lake and otherwise working out in the city's many beautiful parks - it is wonderful after being cooped up indoors all winter.
7. All the follows in the Park at Lakeshore East, Millennium and Grant Parks, along Michigan Avenue, and throughout downtown start to bloom.
6. Baseball is back! The start of spring marks the opening day for the Chicago Cubs (on Friday, April 4th) and the Chicago White Sox (Monday, March 31st).
5. Easter activities that range from Easter Egg hunts for the kids to sumptuous brunches for the adults - and everything in between - occur throughout the city.
4. Outdoor shopping! Whether it is on Michigan Avenue, an art fair or craft show, or one of the city's boutique-lined neighborhood streets, it is great to indulge your retail cravings without being trapped in a mall.
3. While the Lincoln Park Zoo remains open throughout the winter, it is much more fun for kids and adults alike when the temperatures are above freezing - and the animals will be much more active as well.
2. Movies in the Park and Concerts in the Park begin at Millennium Park - these BYOB and BYOE ("bring your own eats") events are a wonderful way to spend a spring or summer evening in downtown Chicago.
1. And our number one reason to look forward to spring in Chicago? Simply walking around the city without being bundled and enjoying the architecture and everything our beautiful city has to offer.
Want to enjoy Chicago in the spring from the luxurious comfort of your own condo? Check out our available listings and contact the team at Magellan Realty today!