Spring flowers are popping up and the sun is starting to return to Chicago, and we're (hopefully) only weeks away from our first warm temperatures. And we're certainly looking forward to all of the many fun springtime activities that you can enjoy with your friends and family as well as how gorgeous Chicago looks in the springtime. Plus, lots of new listings and new construction come on the market around this part of the year, so it is a fantastic time to be in real estate in a thriving city
As lifelong (or near lifelong) Chicago residents, our real estate team wants to share the reasons why we deal with Chicago winters every year - we're looking forward to spring!
1.Opening Day! Whether you are a Cubs or White Sox fan, there's nothing like the excitement of opening day at Wrigley or U.S. Cellular field. Baseball is back, and with it the many unique traditions. And maybe the Cubs or the Sox will bring it home again this year!
2. Working Out(side): When the snow melts and the running, walking, and biking paths are cleared, it is time to take your work out outdoors - much more refreshing than a stuffy gym! Also, there are plenty of sponsored runs and half marathons for the competitive and/or charitable types.
3. Bonding With Your Dog. Instead of taking hurried walks in the wind and ice, you can play in the dogs and let your dog run to his or her heart's content through the grass - much nicer than being cooped up in a condo all winter! Plus, there are plenty of Chicago restaurants with dog friendly patios so your furry friends can join you.
4. The City Parks And Gardens Are Blooming. Flowers make everything more cheerful, and there is something hopeful about the first blossoms of spring.
5. Play Off Time! With both the Chicago Bulls and the Chicago Blackhawks poised to make a deep run in the NBA and NHL playoffs respectively, it is an exciting moment for Chicago sports devotees.
6. Festival Season Begins. From small but charming ethnic neighborhood festivals to quirky food events to major blowouts in the city's biggest venues, spring in Chicago heralds the start of the kind of entertainment that only the Windy City has to offer.
7. People Start Smiling Again. The permafrost that seems to settle over everyone's mood melts, and our typically sunny Midwestern outlook is even brighter.
8. Dining Al Fresco. Every restaurant with a patio will be hosting happy hours, specials, and have all sorts of treats as soon as we are ready to move our meals outside in the sun.
9. Cooking Al Fresco. With farmers markets and grill decks open, its time to fire it up and cook as well as eat outside. With Chicago being a main hub of the Heartland farming region, there's no excuse not to sample the best of the Midwest yourself!
10. Real Estate Booms. We'd be remiss if we didn't mention that we love how the real estate market thrives with new listings and new construction in the spring - tis the season for new growth and new beginnings, after all!
Interested in "springing" into Chicago real estate yourself? Contact us today and we'll help you find the home or properties of your dreams.