Celebrating Memorial Day in the Windy City might be the actual most wonderful day - or entire weekend - of the year. The summer is starting, it's getting warm out after a long winter, and there so many events to attend, restaurant patios to try out, and parks to experience that you'll wish you had more three days to enjoy it.
Here are some of our favorite Chicago events happening this weekend, as well as our favorite things to do on Memorial Day in Chicago (and summer weekends in general)!
1. The Memorial Day parade runs along State Street from Lake to Van Buren, and it's always a lovely spectacle.
2. Follow that up with a trip around the City in a Garden in the Lurie Garden at Millennium Park.
3. And kick off the summer fireworks season at Navy Pier!
4. Shop the Memorial Day sales on Michigan Avenue and State Street, and get your summer wardrobe sorted.
5. Check out the 150th Anniversary celebration at the Lincoln Park Zoo.
6. Consider hitting one of the city's beaches if it's warm enough.
7. Check out a new rooftop restaurant or patio.
8. And hit a farmer's market or two (they're all open for the season now) and make dinner (ideally on your own patio or outdoor space) and enjoy the bounty of the Midwest.
9. Check out the Fiddleheads event at the Garfield Park Conservatory and enjoy being back in nature.
10. Get on a boat! The architecture cruise or even just the water taxi to Chinatown are great for locals and even better if you have out of town guests.
Happy Memorial Day! And if you want to make this summer and future summers even better by purchasing a new Chicago home, get in touch with our real estate team today!