How To Stage Your Home Against The Blue Gray Chicago Skiies
by Leila Zammatta
on Wednesday, February 10th, 2016 at 12:59pm.
Although we love Chicago during all four seasons, we have to admit that sometimes it looks better than others. Of course, our stunning views tend to look better against bright sunny skies and the chill of early spring mornings can be unpleasant, but there are plenty of ways to stage your home so that it looks enticing in all sorts of lights.
Here are some our Chicago real estate professionals' favorite tips and tricks...
1. Use Pops Of Color. Even if you aren't normally a bright color person, adding a bright throw, pillow or two, or tablecloth can help a lot to draw attention to the focal point of a room when you're trying to sell.
2. Draw The Eye In. This works especially well with art work or rugs that can be used as focal points, bringing the eye towards the centerpiece of the room.
3. Use Your Best Assets! Showcase those city views! One of Chicago's best assets is its unique architecture, so you don't always need much in the way of adornment to make your place look stellar.
4. Play With Light. This is especially important if you have features like skylights, unique windows, or unusual exposures that make your property stand out. Show off the bones of the structure!
5. Get Your Stuff Out! If you can, move out your own furniture and replace it with some basic rentals - let the potential buyers see the space for themselves and picture their own things in the space.
One thing to keep in mind is that when you're staging your home (or any property), you're usually trying to appeal to the broadest common denominator - meaning that not everything has to fit your personal taste. On the contrary, you want to keep it relatively neutral and let the potential buyer imagine their stuff in the space -they'll make themselves right at home.