Chicago is known as a city of neighborhoods, and for good reason - each pocket of the city has its own distinctive personality and flavor. But as interesting as that makes the city itself, it can make for difficult decisions when it comes to choosing which neighborhood you want to live in or simply invest in, as the various areas each appeal to different personalities. So without further ado, here are the ten key questions that you should ask and answer before you sign on the dotted line and make a real estate purchase.
1. Peace and Quiet or Vibrant Nightlife?
2. Cultural Considerations - do you want to live in an ethnic or religious enclave?
3. Dining in or Eating Out?
4. Proximity to your job or a long commute?
5. Sports preferences? Gyms, fitness trails, even Cubs versus Sox matters.
6. Technology coverage, especially WiFi options.
7. Modern or traditional architectural styles?
8. Closeness of medical facilities or similar needs (if necessary).
9. Availability of artistic and creative pursuits.
10. Pet friendliness - if applicable.
Your Chicago real estate agent should be asking you these questions - and if not, come talk to the team at Magellan Realty!