We know that living in Chicago is pretty spectacular in general, your friends and family might not necessarily understand how awesome it is if they don't live here too/ While residents and property owners don't always get a chance (or have the time) to play tourist in their own city, having out-of-town guests can be a great excuse to check out the sights and see things from a new perspective. Because let's face it, even the towering skyscrapers, amazing architecture, and world class restaurants can be easily overlooked or taken for granted if you see them every day.
Here's how our real estate agents like to entertain and explore with their guests...
1. Check out the view from the River. The architecture tours are a classic, but even a stroll on the new River Walk can be a wonderful way to see some of the city's finest buildings and panoramas.
2. Sample the local specialties. Deep dish pizza, Chicago-style hot dogs (absolutely no ketchup allowed!), Italian beefs, Puerto Rican Jibaritos, the Mother-in-Law (a hot dog with tamales), chicken Vesuvio, flaming Saganaki, and more were all created in Chicago.
3. Eat your way around the world. On the other hand, Chicago's diversity makes for a wide range of dining options, from classic sushi to authentic Chinese to Middle Eastern, Caribbean, Ethiopian, Indian, and more - nearly every corner of the globe is represented.
4. Explore the neighborhoods. Speaking of diversity, Chicago's many neighborhoods and ethnic enclaves make for many wonderful days of exploring, especially in the spring and summer when
5. Take in a game. See the Cubs, Sox, Blackhawks, Bulls, the Fire and the Bears in action, and admire how much Chicagoans support their local teams.
6. Live it at up at festivals. From major music festivals like Lollapalooza and Pitchfork to foodfests like Taste of Chicago and the many neighborhood street fairs - and everything in between, there's plenty to do and discover.
7. Go out on the Lake. Or near the Lake, since there is plenty to do along Lake Michigan's waterfront. From lively beaches to strolling (or running or biking) along Lakeshore Drive, renting a jetski or boat and getting out on the water, or taking a dinner cruise, the Lake is part of what makes Chicago unique.
8. Shop on Michigan Avenue. And in the neighborhoods! From major international luxury brands to local boutiques filled with "made in Chicago" items, there's something for everyone.
If like us, you consider yourself lucky to be a Windy City resident, make sure you share the love with your friends and family. Inspired and want to "show off" Chicago from your own home or condo? Get in touch with our real estate team today