It's Valentine's Day, so it's only natural that we're writing a love letter to Chicago - the greatest city in the world.
After all, our city does offer residents plenty to love - especially if you're in the market for a new piece of real estate! However, the many amazing properties on the market and the ones being built as we type are only one of the reasons that the Windy City is our Valentine this year, and every year. Here are some of the others...
1. Chicago has all four seasons, and they are all spectacular. From festive holidays in the winter and crisp autumn days to celebrating the arrival of spring and the summer heat like no where else, Chicago is the place to be to experience the best (okay and sometimes worst) that Mother Nature has to offer.
2. Our sports teams are exceptional. Not only do we have the World Champion Chicago Cubs (we'll never get tired of saying that), we have the White Sox, the Bulls, the Bears, the Fire, and the Blackhawks. And those are just the major leagues! There's an opportunity to watch or play your favorite sport on almost any level, making Chicago one of the best sports towns in the world.
3. Chicago is a foodie's paradise - not only do we have some world famous restaurants that have earned Michelin stars, we have a huge variety of cuisines available, with nearly every corner of the globe represented. Plus all the bounty of the Midwest is right at residents' doorsteps.
4. Not only is Chicago the cradle of comedy for America (and therefore much of the world) with Second City and an incredible improv scene, we have arts and culture galore with internationally renowned museums, theater, and more.
5. Our architecture is iconic with amazing buildings by Frank Lloyd Wright, Mies Van Der Rohe, Jeanne Gang, and more luminaries of the architecture world. Plus we invented the skyscraper. Enough said.
6. It's a wonderful place to study - Chicago is home to excellent public and private schools, world class universities, and local colleges that ensure there is a program that's the right fit for everyone's educational interests and goals.
7. The sheer variety of excellent real estate options (you know we had to mention that!) means that you can find everything from ultra-luxurious penthouses with sweeping views of the city to spacious single family homes in charming neighborhoods that are still only minutes away from the energy and excitement of the cosmopolitan center.
All this Valentine love making you interested in living in Chicago? Get in touch with our real estate team today!