Our Chicago real estate team can tell you plenty of reasons why you should live in Chicago in general, but we all agree that the summer here is particular special. Here are our top ten things you should do in Chicago before the summer is over:
Chicago in the summer.
1. Go see the Cubs at Wrigley and the White Sox at the Cell. Whether you are a baseball fan or not, seeing a game live in one of America's historic ballparks is a wonderful experience.
2. Have a picnic in one of Chicago's many parks - ideally during one of the Movies in the Park where you can see a classic film while enjoying a delicious meal outdoors in Chicago's beautiful summer weather.
3. Visit the Lincoln Park Zoo. Whether you have kids, grandkids, younger relatives, or friends to experience the amazing environment with,
4. Buy fresh produce and more at one of Chicago's farmer's markets, and make a wonderful meal out of everything the fabulous Midwest summer has to offer.
5. Enjoy a wonderful dinner on a patio or rooftop deck. Whether it is on your own balcony at Lakeshore East or any other downtown Chicago neighborhood, there is nothing more wonderful than cooking or grilling dinner outside and enjoying it al fresco in the summer.
6. Celebrate the season at all of the city's street festivals. Whether you want to check out the city's best cuisine at the various "Tastes" of each neighborhood, enjoy specific foods at Ribfest, Burgerfest, or other celebrations, or just hear some amazing live music, there's something for everyone.
7. Speaking of live music, you should go to an outdoor concert at Ravinia or anywhere in Chicago, really. Seeing great live music in perfect summer weather is one of the many reasons why living in Chicago is so amazing.
8. Take a walk, bike ride, or run along Lakeshore Drive. Some of the best views of the skyline are freely available along the Lake Michigan coast.
9. Eat a little too much at RibFest, the Taste of Chicago, and other food-focused festivals. Or just have a meal on a restaurant patio (or your own balcony if you are lucky enough to live in Lakeshore East) and enjoy the beautiful weather.
10. Go outside in general! Whether you are taking a walk through one of the Chicago neighborhoods, along the lake, or through a city park - or any combination of the above.